Terms and Conditions United.Yoga B.V. (“United.Yoga”) 2020
Additional Terms and Conditions: the additional general terms and conditions applicable to the Workshops, Retreats and Special classes organized by United.Yoga.
Class Card: a 2-, a 5-, a 10- or a 20-class card.
General Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions used by United.Yoga, which have been published at the United.Yoga website, www.united.yoga.
Membership: the membership for attending yoga classes at United.Yoga, issued or to be issued by United.Yoga and paid or to be paid by the Student.
Participant: the person who attends or wishes to attend a Retreat or Workshop.
Private Class: a private yoga class at United.Yoga, for which the Student must make an appointment in advance.
Single Class: a single yoga class at United.Yoga to be attended and paid by the Student, other than on the basis of a Membership.
Student: a person who attends and/or wishes to attend private or group yoga classes or workshops at United.Yoga.
Teacher: the yoga teacher who has been contracted by United.Yoga to teach yoga classes.
United.Yoga: United.Yoga B.V. has its official seat at Hoogte Kadijk 51, 1018 BE Amsterdam, the Netherlands and is listed in the Trade Register under number 75184486
Website: the website of United.Yoga: www.united.yoga
Workshop: A yoga workshop given or to be given at United.Yoga.
2. Scope of Application
- The General Terms and Conditions apply to a membership and, where applicable, to Class Cards, Single and Private Classes of and at United.Yoga as well as to all Retreats and Workshops.
- By participating in a yoga class of United.Yoga, the Student agrees to the applicability of these General Terms and Conditions.
- Yoga may from time to time amend these General Terms and Conditions. The most recent version of the Terms and Conditions is always the version that is applicable and is always available at the Website.
3. Yoga offers the following possibilities of attending yoga classes at United.Yoga:
United.Yoga Introduction Offers: 2 Salutations, Try Out Warrior 5x and Try More Warrior 10x Classes
- The United.Yoga Introduction Offers entitles the holder to two (2), five (5) or ten (10) yoga classes and can be purchased only once by new students. A new student may use the United.Yoga Introduction Offers only if he or she has not attended more than one (1) yoga classes at United.Yoga.
- The Introduction Offers are valid for one (1), four (4) or six (6) weeks from the date of purchase. After that period this right lapses.
United.Yoga 5, 10 and 20 Classes Cards
- The 5, 10 or 20 Card entitles the holder to five (5), ten (10) or twenty (20) yoga classes.
- The 5 Classes Card – is valid for three (3) months after the date of purchase. The 5 classes must therefore be attended within three months of the date of purchase. After that period, this right lapses.
- The 10 Classes Card – is valid for 3 months after the date of purchase. The 10 classes must therefore be attended within 3 months of the date of purchase. After that period, this right lapses.
- The 20 Classes Card – is valid for 6 months after the date of purchase. The 20 classes must therefore be attended within 6 months of the date of purchase. After that period, this right lapses.
United.Yoga Tribe Membership
- The Tribe Membership entitles the holder to unlimited yoga classes for the duration of one (1) month.
- Memberships are renewed and charged automatically every month if not cancelled by the student in time.
- Yoga can change the class schedule, class type and timings or teachers at any time.
United.Yoga Private Classes
- The Private Class 60 and the Private Class 90 entitle the holder to private yoga classes of 60 and 90 minutes, respectively.
- For Private Classes students need to contact United.Yoga in order to set a date.
In-Class PrivateTM (ICP)
- In-Class PrivateTM Classes entitle the holder to a hands-on assisted groups yoga class by another certified Jivamukti Yoga teacher.
- For ICP Classes students need to contact United.Yoga in order to set a date
Payment and Price Changes
- All yoga classes organized by United.Yoga must be paid for before they are held. United.Yoga does not accept cash payments. Payments can be made by direct debit (memberships only), PIN, Credit Card, iDeal and PayPal.
- Yoga reserves the right to change the prices. The currently applicable rates are always mentioned on the Website.
- Community discount: on presentation of an official student card or a student public transport pass; or after making clear a Student lives on minimum income or a Student above the age of 65, United.Yoga grants a 25% discount on all group yoga classes at United.Yoga. Community Discount is not valid on the Introduction Offers, Private Classes, In-Class Privates, Workshops and Retreats.
- For Certified Jivamukti Yoga teachers United.Yoga grants a 10% discount on all group classes and workshops.
- Before a yoga class the Student must report to the teacher. The teacher will verify the registration and payment for the relevant yoga class.
Reservations for Yoga Classes
All classes and workshops or special events are available for online booking.
- You can only book classes online, so not by phone or at the reception.
- Your booking is valid until 5 minutes before the class starts. If you haven’t shown up by then, we assume you will not come and will not be able to let you into class.
- You can cancel your booking until 2 hours before the class starts. To do this, go to your account and cancel the class in your schedule.
- If you cancel within 2 hours before the class starts, this is a “Late Cancel”. This class will be charged from your card.
- Cancelling an appointment for a private class or ICP can be done without charge up to 24 hours before the start of the appointment. You will be charged in full if canceled within 24 hours. Please be on time, we have to cancel the appointment if you are more than 10 minutes late since we can’t guarantee the quality and benefits of the class anymore.
- Please be on time, at least 10 minutes before class starts. This will insure your reserved spot, but you will also have enough time to prepare for your class.
- The current schedule is mentioned on the Website. United.Yoga reserves the right to change the schedule at any time. If possible, any changes are announced in advance by putting up posters at the United.Yoga location, mentioning them on the Website or by email.
- Yoga reserves the right to cancel a yoga class that has been scheduled or to change the yoga teacher mentioned in the schedule in the event of force majeure, including illness of the teacher. In this case there will be no refund of any Membership fee.
- Yoga is nearly always open for the weekly schedule but reserves the right to close its doors in the event of force majeure, including illness of the teacher, on public holidays or on other days.
Early Termination of Membership in case of illness
- In the event of prolonged illness or an injury, the Student may terminate the Membership early. A request for early termination must be discussed with the directors of United.Yoga personally. Contact them through email@example.com
- Attending yoga classes, Workshops, Retreats and leaving belongings in the changing room are at the Student’s own risk. United.Yoga accepts no liability whatsoever for physical injury, loss or damage relating to a Student’s attending yoga classes, Workshops or Retreats and leaving belongings in the changing rooms at United.Yoga.
- Yoga works exclusively with certified yoga teachers and always ensures high-quality yoga classes. Even so, a Student always runs the risk of receiving an injury during a yoga class. By participating in a yoga class at United.Yoga, the Student accepts this risk of an injury. United.Yoga provides the following guidelines for reducing the risk of an injury:
- Always consult a doctor before starting yoga classes if you are not sure that you are completely healthy or if you are pregnant.
- If you have an injury or any other physical inconvenience, always inform your yoga teacher about this before starting the yoga class.
- Listen to and follow the instructions of the relevant yoga teacher.
- Perform the yoga exercises carefully and bear your physical limitations in mind.
- Do not perform any yoga exercises that are painful.
- Ask questions if you do not understand an exercise.
- Yoga gives mental and physical benefits but never replaces any regular medical treatment. Always seek advice of a doctor in case of medical complains.
- Although we strive to only provide correct information on our website, we are not liable for any inaccuracy and no rights can be derived therefrom.
- Yoga collects personal data of the Students and Participants to update its membership records, to execute payment orders and for administration and information purposes. United.Yoga handles this collection of personal data with due care and complies with the provisions of the Dutch Data Protection Act (AVG).
- Yoga uses the personal data referred to inform the Students and Participants about activities of United.Yoga and any changes in the schedule, for example. If the Student or Participant does not want to receive communications from United.Yoga, he or she may communicate this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Student or Participant is aware (s)he cannot use all online services and products of United.Yoga in that case.
- Yoga never gives any personal data of the Students or Participants to third parties without their prior written consent.
- Only the directors and head teachers of United.Yoga have full access to Students and Participants personal data. Other teachers have no access to these data without prior consult with abovementioned directors/head teachers.
- Corona: in case of a student/participant/teacher who tested positive for COVID-19, United.Yoga can share data referring to attendance of a particular class, in order to allow contact research by GGD (Municipal Health Service).
Governing Law and Dispute Settlement
- The General Terms and Conditions are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
- Any disputes relating to the General Terms and Conditions, any Membership, an Introductory Offer, a United.Yoga Classes Card, a Private Class or workshop; or a Student’s attending group and private yoga classes, Workshops or Retreats organized by United.Yoga are settled exclusively by the competent court in Amsterdam or any higher court.
Code of Conduct
- Students shall adhere to United.Yoga’s code of conduct at all times:
- Please make sure you are clean and fresh when you attend the yoga class. The use of unscented deodorant is highly appreciated. In view of potential allergies of other Students, everyone is asked not to wear any perfume, aromatherapy oils or other scented products.
- Wear clean yoga clothes in yoga classes, in which you can move easily.
- Yoga advises not to eat later than two hours before the start of the yoga class and, in any case, not to practice yoga on a full stomach.
- Please do not wear shoes in the yoga studios.
- Yoga makes yoga mats available for use during yoga classes. After classes, a yoga mat must always be cleaned and put away by the Student who has used it.
- To allow everybody to find focus and relaxation, Students are requested not to talk loudly in the yoga studio before, during and after the yoga class. You are very welcome to drink a cup of tea and to talk quietly in the kitchen area after class.
- The physical and mental integrity of Students must always be respected. Sexual behaviour or sexually suggestive behaviour is not tolerated by United.Yoga.
- Yoga reserves the right to deny Students, who do not observe the house rules referred to above, access to the United.Yoga premises and to terminate the Membership of the relevant Student without a refund of any membership fee paid already.
Please be aware of further precautions and protocols advised by the RIVM. The health and safety of our Students will always be United.Yoga’s first priority. Guidelines can be found in the Protocol of the Vereniging Yogascholen Nederland and on the posters hanging in the studio, on the website and send by email with every reservation.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WORKSHOPS OF UNITED.YOGA
Applicability of Additional Terms and Conditions and Definitions
- Retreats and Workshops are governed by these Additional Terms and Conditions in addition to the General Terms and Conditions. The General Terms and Conditions form an integral part of these Additional General Terms and Conditions. By participating in a Workshop or Retreat, the relevant Participant accepts the applicability of the General Terms and Conditions and the Additional General Terms and Conditions.
Participation in Workshops and Registration Fee
- A Participant may participate in a Workshop or Retreat after he or she has registered for it with United.Yoga in advance and paid the Price. Registration may be effected online. A spot in the Workshop or Retreat is guaranteed after United.Yoga has received payment of the Price or the Deposit/application fee.
- For some Workshops and Retreats, an “Early Bird Rate” applies. This reduced rate applies until the date specified on the Website. After this date the normal rate, which is also specified on the Website, applies without exception.
Payments and Prices
- The Price for a Workshop or Retreat can be found on the United.Yoga website.
- Payments for a Workshop or Retreat must be made before the Workshop or Retreat is held. Payments can be made by direct debit, IDEAL, PIN, PayPal or Credit Card.
- In the event of participation in a Retreat, the Deposit/application fee must be paid 60 days before the scheduled Retreat at the latest. The balance must be paid 30 days before the Retreat scheduled at the latest.
Cancellation of Workshop Registration
- Any participation in a scheduled Workshop may be cancelled only after discussing with managing directors/head teachers of United.Yoga. Cancellations can be discussed by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Until two (2) weeks before the scheduled Workshop date, the Participant may cancel his or her registration, in which case the registration fee is refunded, less a handling fee of €10.
- If the Participant cancels his or her registration later than two (2) weeks before the scheduled Workshop, the registration fee is not refunded.
Cancellation of Participation in Retreat
- The current Workshop Schedule can always be found on the Website. United.Yoga reserves the right to change the schedule at any time. If possible, any changes are announced in advance by putting up posters at the United.Yoga location, mentioning them on the Website or by email.
- Yoga reserves the right to cancel a scheduled Workshop in the event of force majeure (including illness of the relevant teacher). In this case, the registration fee already paid is refunded.